Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

That is going to be one hell of a grocery getter for your wife!

It needs to increase in value as an investment. That's what I'm going to tell her as part of the sales pitch. Have fun, but if it needs to be sold it won't be a loss. That's my story.....:)

It needs to increase in value as an investment. That's what I'm going to tell her as part of the sales pitch. Have fun, but if it needs to be sold it won't be a loss. That's my story.....:)
Sounds good to me, I’m sold.
Hope that you can hit the 600hp target, will be a blast to drive!

Thanks, while 600 is optimistic, it will be fun, no matter what. I will post results. It will pass everything on the road,,,,,but a gas station.

Ok, how are you going to hold all the to the road. Posi/locker/spool, a set of rear bars, helps keep the rear end from twisting on launch,
Oh those were the days. 68 Camaro small block, spool, summers racing axels, full race type engine.
my daily driver was a 69 Impala SS with a blueprinted engine, and 4 on the floor, posi rear end. But gas was a lot cheaper back then.

Reactions: Z2V
Hi Ken nice to see all of the fellow enthusiasts here. Life got in the way of all of the fun, now back to it. The Nova has a fabricated 9" Ford housing 3.50 gearing it will be coming with a spool, and 35 spline axles, but I will change that out for a Wavetrac posi. leaf springs have been moved inboard, and wheel wells mini tubed, and Smith Racecraft Assassin traction bars. A bit of an improvement over the old slapper bars. The Richmond 5 speed has 3.27 first gear, so that will help get it out of the hole.

I have been working on my 70 Chevelle for a few years now, and that should be done in the next few months. Should I make a thread about that one too?

I have been working on my 70 Chevelle for a few years now, and that should be done in the next few months. Should I make a thread about that one too?

ABSOLUTELY ! :encourage:

This is the recipe for the 406.

Dart SHP block
3.750 crank
6" rods
Mahl flat tops
Crower SS shaft rockers
Moroso pan 21017
Bullet 251/255 .650/.637
ported Victor Jr (hood clearance)
AFR 227CC heads
1000 HP billet carb
Should be 10.7 compression.
Won't know how it will do until the dyno, hopefully a strong street combination for a 67 Nova.

OK, it's been awhile here is my update. Valve covers are still being modified to fit my shaft rocker system, but the motor went on the dyno with regular valve covers. Then I had to change leaf springs back to stock ride height, 1" lower was not going to cut it on the road. The rear end housing to trunk floor pan, and the frame to axle housing were on interference fit mode. then there is the matter of the wheel clearance to the frame, that has to be adjusted. I've ordered a new fuel tank to be modified since the springs were moved in for wheel clearance. Who knew furniture dollies were so useful, I will be moving the frame rails into the trunk a bit for more room for the tires. It seems like a lot of work, but it is straight forward, and just time consuming. I can see where the previous owner was getting into more than he wanted to deal with. "A new broom will sweep better than an old one" I'll just take over, most of the work has been done, just have to fix it up....

Last edited:
Looking good. A lot better, and cheaper in the long run to just do it right once. Impressive numbers on the 406. Cheers, Mike

Back