adding an iGaging Easy-View DRO to a LMS3990

I used split plastic tubing on my DRO setup. The tubing came with an "unzipper" that made it easy to get the cables into the cover. It would have been much more difficult without that little thing.

It sort of depends on how long your cables are. A long cable with the spiral tubing could be a pain. It's not the cable itself, it's small enough to slip inside, but the connector on the end that's the problem.

An "unzipper"? I've never heard of that. Is the tubing able to be sealed up with some sort of zipper? Do you have a picture? The split tubing I'm familiar with just has a slit down the length and the wire is stuffed inside. I've seen zip ties used at the ends.

The long cable wasn't really a pain; I just wrapped it around the wires. It only took a few minutes.

The tubing I got doesn't have a straight slit, it's got a square "teeth" pattern cut in it so it doesn't self-open for shoving a cable inside it (it also should do a better job of keeping the cable inside). The unzipper is a tapered plastic piece with a slot along its long axis. The cable goes in the slot, and the zipper-ish gizzie is shoved into the end of the tube, opening it enough to get the cable inside.

The tubing didn't come with any instructions, I had to figure it out. I even managed it _without_ going to youtube :).

Back