Adding Power down feed to RF30?

You might be right. The head casting is different and there is an extra shaft that is not present on the ones without power down feed. Hmm, have to think on this. It might be better to go with an external motor like Stefan did. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Since so many have asked about photos of the stuff I removed, I think the only thing not in the photo is the pulley that drives the power feed box. I forgot to get a pic of the side of the machine but it looks like someone beat me to it anyway.

Attachments

• 20200201_174038.jpg
    20200201_174038.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 70
Yeah, I'm thinking that is a totally different animal. I agree with Mikey, probably plan to go the external motor route if I want to have the power down feed.

On that note, am I overthinking how useful it would be to have power down feed for boring?

Yeah, I'm thinking that is a totally different animal. I agree with Mikey, probably plan to go the external motor route if I want to have the power down feed.

On that note, am I overthinking how useful it would be to have power down feed for boring?

No, you're not overthinking it. That is the reason I removed the M-head from my first Bridgeport and replaced it with a J-head.

Since so many have asked about photos of the stuff I removed, I think the only thing not in the photo is the pulley that drives the power feed box. I forgot to get a pic of the side of the machine but it looks like someone beat me to it anyway.
Do you have a manual for this machine with the quill feed mechanism in its original form?

Back