Adjusting the stylus . . . help!

Tozguy

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
With this type of indicator, the stylus has a friction fit and is simply adjusted by pushing it to the end of the dial travel and then beyond until it rests where you want it.

Looks like it is like most of those, where you just grab the tip, and turn it. My starett, has several positions where it will lock in, or you can pull the tip out and change it with other style tips.

Yes, the Starrett Last Word indicator is like that, that is my daily go-to indicator for smaller work, at least some of the type shown above have a stylus that is changeable by screwing it into it's hub., such as the Brown & Sharpe BestTest and indicators that are similar.

I found this accidentally with my cheap Chinese indicator. Just another thing you wish someone would have told you that gets explained here ;)

John

Yes, the Starrett Last Word indicator is like that, that is my daily go-to indicator for smaller work, at least some of the type shown above have a stylus that is changeable by screwing it into it's hub., such as the Brown & Sharpe BestTest and indicators that are similar.
Yes, thanks for the correction, I should not have brought that up. I did not mean to imply that his can change tips.

Thanks for your help. I figured that it was simple but since this dti is new to me I was looking for someone to hold my hand.
Got it straightened out now just by slipping the clutch so all is good.

BTW that pocket indicator by Mitu is very nice to use, love it!

Yes Bob its to reach deep into a bore only .412'' in diam.

Back