Resolved Ads

Larry42

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Ads now cover way too much on this site. It didn't used to be this way. The ones across the top block getting to the headers. Yes I can remove them by clicking and then playing multiple guess on stupid questions. Need to see if the other Hobby Machinist sites are better.

Attachments

• 1638754726438.png
    1638754726438.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 156
@Larry42, @Dabbler, @matthewsx

First, thanks @matthewsx for bringing this to my attention. I wouldn't have seen this complaint since it was not in the Support Ticket forum but in the Off-Topic members area.

With that said, I moved the thread to this forum so others who are having trouble with access can understand that this is one of the reasons why we do not allow two accounts. It creates problems like this in the long run.

I sent a private message to @Larry42 and @Dabbler with a proposed solution.

Upvote 0
All of the sites I am a member of do the same thing. They all need to pay an internet service provider. They need to have a system administrator to manage the server. They need to upgrade the server(s) from time to time.

These things need to be paid for. You can pay for it via membership, or with time and annoyance with advertisements.

Upvote 0
I ended up with two accounts because when I got a new computer I could no long log in. I'm a platinum member.
It's been fixed now. Thank you.

Upvote 0
@Larry$ another approach is to login as a guest and PM any moderator - we can help you log in on any account once we verify that it is you.

That way we can fix it easily, and you keep your old account. Merging your posts into one account is a bit of a pain, and it is easier to reset your password and send you an new one by email.

Upvote 0
@Larry42 @Larry$ @vtcnc I had a few minutes to have a look ther is sonething I uncovered, but I want to dig deeper.
I'm sorry I I took your time last night. I could not hear you well enough to carry on a conversation. To see if it would work today, from my shop computer: I put new batteries in the hearing aids, turned the volume to full on my phone, ran the anti-virus on the computer and tested my ability to hear on the phone by calling my daughter. Conclusion: I will need to remain isolated. Can't hear well enough. I thought running the anti-virus would remove cookies and not make the Larry42 version come up when I typed in the HM site on Google, but it did.

It didn't used to be this way but I think I may have caused it by looking at some old postings, back when I was using Larry42.

I do enjoy using the site so can still use it from home perfectly fine. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Back