Adventures in 3D printing

Yeah the WMPG is an example of a luxury that, once reached, becomes a necessity.
Nice work on the WMPG cradle. I had to replace one recently. It never fell. I'm not sure what the deal was, the wheel stopped working. I have 3 Centroid machines with the wireless MPG's. Wouldn't be without them!

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

There are several downloadable micrometer stands online, and I printed one but it was too small. Mitutoyo has several series of micrometeres with subtle differences in body sizes. Another thing I did not like was the lack of ability to clamp or screw to a table.

So I was inspired by those designs but started out with my own measurements and built one ground up. This fits the 293-340-30 perfectly.

The holes are 8 mm to fit a 1/4”-20 heat set insert (94459A370).

Last edited:
This tray was printed on my 'big' printer. It's 11.5" x 14.5" and provides a place to set tools, parts, and other stuff. My vise is mounted on a pedestal, so there is no adjacent room for 'stuff'. It fits snugly on the 'tail' of the vise and seems rigid enough to hold my heaviest load (my water bottle). I'm very pleased with it.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably include a hole, for hanging, surrounded by a small dam to keep oil, etc, from draining through. I'm happy enough with it though that there probably won't be a reprint.

GsT

Attachments

• tray.jpg
    tray.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 57
  • tray_bottom.jpg
    tray_bottom.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 52
This tray was printed on my 'big' printer. It's 11.5" x 14.5" and provides a place to set tools, parts, and other stuff. My vise is mounted on a pedestal, so there is no adjacent room for 'stuff'. It fits snugly on the 'tail' of the vise and seems rigid enough to hold my heaviest load (my water bottle). I'm very pleased with it.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably include a hole, for hanging, surrounded by a small dam to keep oil, etc, from draining through. I'm happy enough with it though that there probably won't be a reprint.

GsT

Must be nice to have such a large print surface! Mine is 152 L x 190 W x 196 H mm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in.
I break down large items in design and glue (occasionally screw) them later. Doable but must think about it.

Back