Advice for collet chucks - G0602

Thanks ill check it out. I'm about to make some muzzle breaks on my g0602 10x22 i cant find anywhere what speeds feeds carbide could anyone help me here?

Thanks ill check it out. I'm about to make some muzzle breaks on my g0602 10x22 i cant find anywhere what speeds feeds carbide could anyone help me here?
This is talking about my 1.125" Dia 17-4 ph SS round stock^

Saw the bumps in the thread and wanted to post a source for my earlier comment about work holding range:

Keep in mind that JP is showing what happens when you go a outside of the size designed for a single 5C collet. This means your work needs to be very close match to the chosen collet.

Video is a good one in general (as are many of JP's vids).

...the er40 has a tru adjust backplate that is attracting me. Will there be a ton of machining for the backplate? I don't have a mill so i have to go with a backplate with the holes already drilled....

Machining the Shars BP to work with the ER40 is pretty easy. Before touching the boss I turned the face of the BP as this will be where the chuck will sit. Mine had the slightest bit of deviation when mounted to my spindle, so a light facing ensured the setup was true to the spindle. Mark the BP so it can be re-installed in the same position in the future.

From my notes the BP boss was 0.106" larger in diameter vs. the chuck. They say to turn it to 0.010" clearance and you'll eventually use the chuck's screw system to true the chuck in. Face the BP boss to ~0.070" clearance from the chuck.

Back