Advice for Dove tail Milling First Time

They're not intentional, they're careless mistakes lol. We are required to use common sense on errors, but if anything seems off I usually just ask him. Since 3/8" -24 is only a fine thread, obviously it's not UNC..right? Not trying to act like a smart-aleck....

They're not intentional, they're careless mistakes lol. We are required to use common sense on errors, but if anything seems off I usually just ask him. Since 3/8" -24 is only a fine thread, obviously it's not UNC..right? Not trying to act like a smart-aleck....
I asked the question because I was wondering if the errors were part of the exam. I'm not a fan of tests based on trick questions or ambiguity, although some instructors do practice it. If you have advanced to cutting dovetails, misleading drawings waste time unless it's part of every project. Since the UNC was incorrect along with the thread fit class being incorrect, which Ken pointed out, and I was just asking. With that said, it seems they would have someone check the drawings and note revisions, date them and who checked the Dwg. -Russ

Last edited:
Back