Advice On Removing Bent Arbor From Spindle

I can help if you give me the numbers on them.

Hi Bob, the bearings are marked 6201z, any advice on what brand and where to purchase? I assume they're the same top and bottom? The number came from the top bearing, as I can't read the number on the bearing near the quill.

Hi Bob, the bearings are marked 6201z, any advice on what brand and where to purchase? I assume they're the same top and bottom? The number came from the top bearing, as I can't read the number on the bearing near the quill.
6201Z bearings are very common, the Z stands for single side shielded, ZZ would be both sides shielded, and you can get them for dirt cheap all over the 'net, at least the double sealed version. I recommend the double sealed version because it keeps contamination out better. The common number for a double sealed version would typically be 6201-2RS. Just because they are available cheap does not mean you should buy the cheapest ones out there. I would try to find some decent ones made in Japan or the USA (if we still make them...) Edit: Or European. All of them will fit and work, the difference is in the quality control of the components, the care in assembling compatible pieces into a whole, and final testing for quality control before they go out the door. The cheapest bearings eliminate many of those steps to keep the price down. Here are some choices for you:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...0.A0.H0.X6201-2rs.TRS0&_nkw=6201-2rs&_sacat=0
You can also find them locally at a bearing shop or industrial supply house, but they will likely cost more. 6201 bearings are only 32 mm O.D. (about 1-1/4"+), and that sounds small to me for a drill press of that size. I would expect 6203 bearings in that drill press. Make sure that it says 6201, or give me the bore, O.D. and width measurements in mm, and we can be sure.
6201 is 12 x 32 x 10 mm.

Edit: They are not always the same top and bottom. Often the bottom bearing is one more suited to axial thrust loading. Get the numbers and sizes before proceeding.

Last edited:
Back