AEG Drill Press ?

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Hi is anyone maybe familiar with this make off drill press .I cannot find a definate brand name on it .There is a dealers tag that starts with tbe Name Adolf but not sure of the rest of the name .I was given it buy the guy i purchased a lathe off he seemed to think it was AEG .it seems very nicely made and quill action is as smooth as silk .Only has one handle that turns about a 3rd of a rotation to get full quill travel.The belt guard is quite clever also as it just has a button on side of drill press you push it and belt guard just pops up giving access to change speeds its spring loaded and when your done changing belt speeds you just push guard back down and it locks back in .Im interested to find out maker and model of this unit .I will definatly be making a new stànd for it and tucking it away in my workshop.
Screenshot_20190821-050104_Gallery.jpg

What tag is on the motor, is it an AEG?
Should be a good indicator of country of origin.

As far as I remember, AEG( google search:Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft AG (AEG) was a German manufacturer of household appliances ,very much like the old Siemens.

Last edited:
What tag is on the motor, is it an AEG?
Should be a good indicator of country of origin.
Just had a look at some pictures your correct .it pretty much confirms drill press is AEG made in Germany .I do like the drill press think it will fit my needs quite well and price was right
Screenshot_20190822-025940_Gallery.jpg

As far as I remember, AEG( google search:Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft AG (AEG) was a German manufacturer of household appliances ,very much like the old Siemens.
Just noticed plate on motor says AEG so yeh seems correct made by AEG .Its well made drill press .Its a keeper

Back