Affordable Expanding Transfer Punch Set?????

jerry43

Registered
Registered
I need to replace a set of expanding transfer punches. But all I found online are priced at $92 to 125.00 at Enco and MSC. I know I didn't pay anywhere near that for my last set. Anybody know a good deal for these? Set of three that covers 1/4" to 11/16". I like them because they will square up in the hole and stay in place.

I need to replace a set of expanding transfer punches. But all I found online are priced at $92 to 125.00 at Enco and MSC. I know I didn't pay anywhere near that for my last set. Anybody know a good deal for these? Set of three that covers 1/4" to 11/16". I like them because they will square up in the hole and stay in place.

Let me know when you find a good affordable set -until such time, make my own out of 4150 and harden to Rockwell 52-55.

Ray

pardon my ignorance, but how do these square up to the bore? it looks like only one end adjusts.:thinking:

For me it square's up better with the floating point rather than the fixed point of a standard transfer punch. So once you expand the end, it provides a wider base to keep it square especially with thin sheet metal where the sidewalls of the hole doesn't come up high enough to grip the punch well. This style comes in handy for marking holes on the wall for tv mounts for example.

I know it's no real help, but I just looked these up (as something interesting to buy maybe :) ) and see Little Machine Shop HAD them for $19.95, but they are discontinued now. Bummer!

I have a set made by doall. So I guess thay wern't cheap. I got them with some outher tools I got from a coworker that was retiring.

Back