Again About Posting Pictures

I personally would like to see a size limitation on the photos.

I totally agree, but 1MB is more than plenty. Try 200KB if you resize you picture and use a lower JPEG quality setting. I usually skip the threads with gigantic pics.

I just Drag & Drop it from the folder on my computer to the post that I'm composing.
Then you have the choice of Thumbnail or Fullsize.
Me, I prefer Thumbnails most the time. Load times are quicker for slower connection that way.
I also resize all my picts before uploading. I've posted several replies on how to accomplish this.
IIRC, earlier this year when the board was first switched to Xenforo there was a problem with
uploading, but that was short-lived.

I'm using the free Google Photo storage application with great success and highly recommend it. Especially so if you are already using Gmail or have another Google account. Within your Google Photo account, you can have as many "albums" as you wish and can set display permissions for each album independently.

For one thing, Google Photo seems to give you more storage space than any other ap. It also seems like with Photo Bucket and some others, that display times "time out" and your photos disappear from your postings. Not so with Google Photo.

Google also offers you Picassa, their photo utility, which streamlines uploads and allows you to modify display.

To post a photo, all you do is display your photo within Google Photo, then right click to copy the URL for that photo. Then you go back to your [Hobby-Machinist] post, and paste the URL into the Image URL query. Or you can post a link to the entire album, which is very handy when you have something for sale. I'm no computer guru, yet find it straightforward and easy.

I use DropBox. Dropbox Basic accounts start with 2 GB of free space. When it is installed it looks just like another folder on your PC. Just put your file(s) in the Public sub-folder in the DropBox folder and it automatically transfers it to the web server. Right click on the file you put in the DropBox folder and select "copy public link". Now just paste that link in the URL location on the forum when you want to upload a file. DropBox works for pictures or any type of file and best of all, its free.

I am perplexed at how to create an album on here. I have no trouble uploading photos. I simply cant find a button that says ‘create an album’.
I have found, “you have no albums’ etc, but that is it. Try as I may, I cant seem to figure it out. Machines are easier for me to learn than computers. Thanks

Maybe this will help you out…

Back