• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Air Cleaner for my Rat Rod

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Charley Davidson

Active User
Picked this up at a garage sale this weekend, it's gonna be my air cleaner for my 47 Ford truck Bobber Rat Rod. Working on getting a 3 cylinder Perkins for my power plant

air cleaner (2).JPG air cleaner (3).JPG

OlCatBob

Active User
Hey Charlie,

I haven't seen you in a while; so how is the rat rod coming along? Since you got this latest job, haven't seen you at all!
Bob
Benny and I played machinist Saturday afternoon...

Rbeckett

Platinum
Rest In Peace
Charlie,
You could go steam punk style and build a wood gassifier. Ton Carlisle used to be an instructor at our local comm college and he had convert a pick up to pull his boat to the gulf and back without using one drop of gasoline or fuel. He kept the bed stacked with wood and would start the burner and go have a beer, then get in and drive it and the boat home. It was hysterical to look at, but it did run on the wood vapor. A little low on giddy up but fast enough pulling a boat anyway, and you couldn't be in a hurry to leave, but it worked great.

Bob

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Charlie,
You could go steam punk style and build a wood gassifier. Ton Carlisle used to be an instructor at our local comm college and he had convert a pick up to pull his boat to the gulf and back without using one drop of gasoline or fuel. He kept the bed stacked with wood and would start the burner and go have a beer, then get in and drive it and the boat home. It was hysterical to look at, but it did run on the wood vapor. A little low on giddy up but fast enough pulling a boat anyway, and you couldn't be in a hurry to leave, but it worked great.

Bob
I saw a you tube video of a guy running a pick up on wood gas. really cool!

Charlie,
i would like to see pic's as well!!

[6]
[5] [7]