Air Compressor Wall Mount

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a small 46lbs air compressor that I'd like to mount on the wall. My walls are finished so it would be anchored to the wall stud. I was thinking two lengths of Unistrut and a wall/shelf bracket. Anyone ever try this?
3200t73c1-h03-digitall.png

I mounted my 40 gal compressor in the wall using Unistrut, though I used Full pieces of strut for the Horizontal arms and Diagonals vs the Shelf bracket shown, as it was 125lbs+. Depending what you to cross the two Shelf Brackets with, I'd think you'd be ok.

Remember that an air compressor vibrates, so whatever mount you use has to be strong enough to stand up to movement as well as the
weight of the machine. One possibility would be to mount your brackets to plywood screwed to the studs. Those brackets also look
light to me: I'd go for something a bit more substantial. If the compressor is oilless, you could probably mount it in just about any orientation
which gives you some options as well.

Last edited:
If the wall is connected to any wall within your living space, be prepared for strange noises in the middle of the night.

Ray

Because it might fall off the wall?

The bracket and unistrut will hold it just fine but the vibration will be amplified if you mount in on a sheetrock wall. Best place is on a concrete floor.

My idea is to drill into the studs. I'll anchor some thick plywood or a pair of 2x6 running vertical using Spax screws, I think. Mount a 1'- 1.5' unistrut vertical on the planks or plywood and that shelf bracket pictured above. I'll space them apart to use the existing compressor feet with rubber mounts onto the shelf bracket. Probably over kill but.
The compressor is only used run a mister and blow off chips so it rarely runs and it's incredibly quite.
I hate having it take up precious floor space. Plus now I will route hose to my mill and lathe (on the ceiling) and maybe a hose reel.

Back