Air Compressor Wall Mount

Do you have any places near you where you could have it hydro tested?

Not really, i'm sure there is some company in skopje, next city over but transporting and paying for testing this big of tank will be a big hassle.

Not really, i'm sure there is some company in skopje, next city over but transporting and paying for testing this big of tank will be a big hassle.
Sometimes they'll come to your location. You can also test it yourself; Fill the tank completely with water, leave no air, then pressurize it to double the working pressure you can use a high pressure air pump or a scuba tank to do this, possibly a pressure washer but you have to be careful not to over pressurize it. If the tank bursts it will just split and the water will gush out, it won't explode as water cannot store energy. Test the tank every few years.

Good advice Eddyde, could i use compressed CO2 with a regulator from my welder to test the tank?

Good advice Eddyde, could i use compressed CO2 with a regulator from my welder to test the tank?
Not sure about CO2. because it can dissolve into water it might make a lot of seltzer and that can store energy... I would think an inert gas like Argon or Nitrogen would be a safer bet.

If completely full cap it with a fitting tapped for a grease zerk.

Have high pressure gage in tank and use grease gun full of water to pressurize

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

No need to find 'a company' to do it; just use a hose to fill the tank, then bleed some compressed air (bottled nitrogen?) into
it. If it gets to three times the blowout pressure, it's fine. The main hassle is getting the safety gear
off the tank for the testing. As l ong as the tank contains WATER (which doesn't compress) it can let go at
all the seams at once, without making any more damage than a puddle. Energy stored in compressed air, though,
is bad.

I'm with the 'attach to the floor' crew, cantilevers (like the bracket) fail in sagging-door fashion, 'way too often for
comfort. Vibration will pull nails and loosen screws and bolts, but won't drive vertical legs through the floor.
Strong legs underneath, and a shackle to the unistrut, will keep the table from getting kicked over or taklng a walk.

Testing a tank with compressed air or any gas for that is not only a bad idea, even when the tank is filled with water first, then pressurising it with air. It is actually illegal, or it should be, certainly is where I live. Any gas including air will dissolve in the water, and when the tank lets go you still have the rapid release of stored energy. Small home or shop air compressors almost always suffer from internal rust. Mostly because we, the owners don't drain them often enough. In the humid climate that is so often found in the uS moisture condensation in air tanks is always going to be present. the tanks really need to be set up with a permanent drain. You van buy or even make an automatic drain valve.

For simplicity's sake, as I don't run my compressor very often I have set it up with a small drain valve that is permanently cracked open, just a small but continuous blowdown, and I live in a very dry climate, but I still get some moisture out of it. I'm hoping that will extend the life of my tank, I do intend to set up an automatic drain valve,but not sure when this will happen.

I mounted my air comp outside in its own little shed, unconnected to my shop, except for electric and pipe lines; doesn't take up shop space and is much less noisy.

The lab I worked in had several pieces of equipment that used rotary vacuum pumps, running 24/7. To keep the noise down we constructed a separate room just for the pumps. It really helped to reduce the noise to an acceptable level.

I would bet the owner of that exploded compressor tank did not do the required maintenance of draining the water/moisture condensentation that comes from compressing air.

The compresssion process cause the water vapor in the intke air to condense.
If you don't drain your compressor regularly it WILL rust out the bottom until it becomes so thin it ruptures.

Back