Air Hose crimp tool.

I saw those. I also read a lot of reviews. Some liked it, but many indicated that they didn't hold up well, or lineup , or were cheaply made.
I always read the negative responses try to figure out if they knew what they were doing. Most don't. But when I read that the tool doesn't line up well I get to thinking that there is too much play or poor manufacturing. Regardless, I like Mark's idea, just build it myself. Gotta rummage through some scrap metal.

I use brass ferrules on my air hoses. The crimp tool is expensive so I made my own. I took a small steel block, drilled the proper size hole through the center (a little smaller than the ferrule OD),sawed it in half (through the center of the hole). Then use a file to bevel the edges of the hole to a small 45 degree bevel. Use a file to make a bevel in the bottom of each hole half. When you put the two blocks together, you will have a hole with a "V" grove every 90 degrees around it. Put the ferrule on the hose, put the hose in the blocks, put the blocks in the vise and crimp. Works great, looks professional and costs nothing.

Mark could you post a picture or diagram.

I'm looking for some info on what tool you use to crimp air hoses. I have used screw clamps, but don't really like them. I don't need a press, I have a press. So dies alone might be ok, as long as I can put them in the press. I have a bunch of ear type hose crimps. But I think the ear type crimp might be a pain in the rear, and might be a waste of time and high frustration. Got them in lot that I bought a long time ago. Again, don't tell me to use screw clamps, I am looking for a reasonable alternative.

Thanks.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/hose-clamp-wire-tool.55928/ I biult six of these % for friends & one for me. They are GREAT

fixit

At work they have Push Loc fittings and really work good don't have anything in your way. They have a special tool to push the hose onto them but is really not needed. When I had my auto service business I wish I knew about these instead of those dam mini clamps!!!

Use the stainless Pex clamps and a dull set of end cutters, which is really that the special crimpers are. Hog ring pliers are similar, but most people won't have a set of these in their box. I found that our local industrial supply also stocks a crimp type SS ring similar to the Pex rings. These are purpose built for hoses. What is great is that crimp rings stay tight and do not slash your body parts when you are working around them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the crimper in the pic. I never liked any of the alternatives to hose connecting. If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly, I always say! So I just patiently watched fleabay until it was my turn. Makes a very professional crimp. Only came with one set of dies. I made all the dies sets I needed out of aluminum, yes, aluminum. The aluminum die sets I made hold up to all my needs…Dave.
crimper.JPG

Back