air regulator on compressor

Gone through all the cheap regs I have, mixing and matching and cleaning and adjusting to no avail.
I will have to bite the bullet and buy (argh!) a new good quality one and see what happens.

If is a one time use you can try running a Y and connect a slow leak with a blowgun to help you get consistent pressure to finish the job.

If is a one time use you can try running a Y and connect a slow leak with a blowgun to help you get consistent pressure to finish the job.
That thought had crossed my mind but it hurts my sensibilities to bodge it that way. Not that I'm adverse to a good bodge when needs must:laughing:

I would connect an extra air tank to your compressor and set it to the desired psi , you may get a more constant pressure that way, try it if you have an air pig or and old compressor tank that has its own regulator.
When the pressure in the auxiliary tank gets too low, the main compressor will kick in and fill it quickly but there will be less pressure fluctuation coming out of the 3rd tank, at least that's what I'm thinking should happen.

Back