Air tools ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone use air tools in their hobby shop ?

While I have some, It is rare that I use one of them.

Anyone use air tools in their hobby shop ?
In order of most to least used (frequently to rarely):
Sandblaster, blow gun, impact wrench, mist cooling system, air brush, HVLP and conventional spray systems, brad nailer, nibbler punch, die grinder, angle polisher, cutoff tool, pneumatic saw, staple gun, nail gun

Last edited:
I have a couple. I have sheet metal shears, a seamer/puncher, HVLP gun, HVLP touch up gun, impact wrench, die grinder, pneumatic saw, staple guns, nail guns, and a sandblasting gun. All get used regularly depending on what I am working on.

I likes my air tools ............................................ :grin:
Me too. I use them all the time. I have not jumped on the battery operated tools band wagon just yet. If your a mechanic getting paid flat rate then battery tools may help.

Air is a great power supply for all kinds of tools, I don't know what I would do without it. It allows many tools to be smaller and lighter than if they had electric motors and a good compressor with ample storage is actually the central component of almost all shops I'm aware of (machine and mechanical). I like my battery tools for convenience, and AC powered stuff for economy, but my 80 gal. two-stage compressor is worth every square foot it takes up in my small hobby shop.

John

Every day. Impacts, blast cabinet, die grinders, blow guns to chase the chipmunks out of the shop, etc., etc.. Mike

I worked in automotive so when I hear air tools I automatically think of automotive air tools. The only air tools I still use are die grinders & cut off tools. Sadly none of my impacts & air ratchets get used anymore. They have all been replaced by Milwaukee cordless tools. I need to do some more work on my truck today, maybe I'll use the old IR impacts for old time sake..... nah. :big grin:

I still (well never) can't live without air though. Blow gun gets used almost daily.

Back