Air tools ?

Yes, all the above, couldn't live without them, have one battery tool seldom use it.

Anyone use air tools in their hobby shop ?
Once I piped the air outlets to 4 different stations, installed quick release and got a powerful quiet compressor(I leave it on when in shop) I found I use it all the time.

Not so much in the Hobby Metal Shop But in the Garage sure:
3/8" Air Ratchet
1/2" Impact Gun
3/8" Air Drill
Light Duty Sand Blast unit

but these are all leftovers from my stint as a mechanic.
i wouldn't bother to buy them but since I have them - Love them

It comes in useful if you have it setup and ready to use. I changed to air over hydraulic for my bender and press since it is easier to control

Yup, quite a bit. Powdercoat gun, blow gun, 3" cutoff, my home brew pneumatic former, used my 1/2" Chicago impact for the first first time in along time to rotate the tires on my wife's car Saturday. Everything else is wired as I hate dead batteries. But the old Devilbis compressor is used almost every time I'm in the shop for something.

I have many air tools... I find the electric version of most all air tools more convenient.

If I need to change a tire at the house instead of the shop an electric impact is much more convenient! Some air tools do not have an electric equivalent... Sprayer, blow gun, tire chuck... Well those are the three I can think of off the top of my head. Sometimes an air tool is smaller and more convenient like the small reciprocating saw, and air file or a small impact wrench for a tight space.

But for the most part I prefer to go electric over pneumatic.

I use a few air tools but depends on what Im working on. I have air ratchets, hvlp spray gun, die grinders, long body filler sander, large media blast cabinet, media blasting pot, bred nailer, staple gun, and an occasional flat tire.
I cannot be without an air compressor.

Blow gun, daily. 1/2" & 3/8" impacts & air ratchet, regularly. Die grinder occasionally. Gotta have a/c so may as well keep my air tools.
I haven't been able to convince myself to buy the battery tools yet. Good ones aren't cheap. (But I am).

Chuck

Back