Albrecht chuck arbor size

liteace

Registered
Registered
Ive got here a Albrecht 0 - 3/8 / 0 - 10 chuck I need MT2 arbor for it, does anyone know if its B16 or JT33?

Thanks

20220613_123339.jpg

Mine is a JT33. Been running it for 5 years on an arbor I bought from Shars and it hasn't fallen off, so I'd say it's good.

I cant measure it, I cant get anything in there, I was thinking plasticine?

Just been reading, there's a poss chance that the JT was for USA and the B was for Europe, could that be correct, I cant see Albrecht (Germany) making 2 different depending on market?

Oh, you may well be right. Mine isn't marked 0-10 (metric) like yours is. There are so many item numbers in the Albrecht catalog that it would be easy to overlook that possibility. Perhaps it's best to measure.

Edit:

I have kept plasticine molding clay in my tool boxes for many years just for challenges like this. I think you can get very close using calipers and clay, close enough to get the taper called.

Just found this on the bay:

Its marked the same as mine with the 0 - 10 as well, on the top its got the size, mine hasn't and its a J2, Im confused

Also found this:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
ditto ^. Should be stamped into the base of the chuck right next to the arbor hole

Hmm. Not that it is any help to you, but I have 3 Albrecht 3/8" chucks. One is J2, one is a J33, one has a "D" taper (dental). I'm afraid you are going to have to measure. Maybe you could fill it with candle wax (or the like) and pop it out and measure the wax.
Sorry I couldn't provide any useful info.

Back