[Noteworthy] All in One- O-Scope, Logic Anz, Spect Anz, and more.. Way Cool!

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Happened accross this. We've popped a few threads in the past about O-Scopes and test gear for us CNC & maker types. I saw this and said to myself "Ouuuu ... I just had to have it". (a play on the 'Suede couch' commercial w/ the burgle scene right? The two guys and the crow-bar- just too funny!).

Amazing tech! I have been waiting to pull the trigger and retire the Heathkit scope I made in the 80's (which still runs).
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13929

From this page:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/1...m_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=lowerfunnel

Functional Overview Video;

Last edited:
2 channels 30mhz for $279? For not much more you could get a standalone which seems to me like it would be much more convenient for using in the shop.

I have a nice Tektronix 11402 digital scope and an old tektronix 2240 "Portable" scope. Neither are very convenient for carting around the shop.

The Chinese scopes (Rigol, Sigent, Instek, etc.) seem to offer a lot of scope for the money, get really good reviews and nice small all in one packages that are actually portable. (I have been thinking of buying one of these portable units for quite some time!). Every time I look at the Chinese scopes there is a new model that is less expensive, faster, more features and more channels. If I was doing work requiring high measurement accuracy I would buy a Tektronix... but for a home shop scope the Chinese scopes look awfully tempting.

Too me the USB scopes seem like they would make more sense for bench work. Replace a cap, check the signal, replace the cap again, check the signal, replace the cap again, check the signal....

Last edited:
Listening to that guy reminds me of the Turbo Encapsulator guy - I have almost no idea what he said!

I have an OWAN import digital and portable scope similar to the Rigol type that I got from Test Equipment Depot. Very happy with it.

This video from the SparkFun guys is far better! I should have looped that in! I repaired the video link w/ this one. Lately we have been playing w/ our own CNC platform. Arduino based , (see other post just a few down from this one). So often you just want to grab the lines visually while debugging, or check I/O, run a PWM, on and on... or (as this does) decode the actual I2C channel comms(cool example in vid) I just really liked the array of tools AIO (all in one). :) for us it feels like a solid fit. Birthday coming.. and as I said " I just gotttttaaaa' have it" (pumping arm w/ crow bar :grin::geek:)

Last edited:
Soooooo 36% discount for academic pricing. students, teachers.... I also do teaching adjunct work- so for $179 this was way too easy a decision. Will try to pop some notes back up when my b-day toy arrives after the 20th

Last edited:
Back