[4]

All Industrial up to 45% off for 6 days

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I have never shopped them before so I used your link to check them out. I came across the Edge Technology tailstock alignment bar for $59.49 (regularly $69.99) but there were no instructions on how to use it so I went to the Edge Technology site and it was only $49.99 from them!

pontiac428

Yep, total bust! I threw 6 QCTP holders in the cart, two pairs of 1-2-3 blocks, was at $50 and then the price jumped up to $72. I was thinking about calling in, but I don't want to f* with it right now.

pontiac428

I went ahead and contacted them, and was briskly blown off. They had a glitch, and how I feel about bait-and-switch has no bearing on that. I was invited to continue shopping at the new prices, but decided not to. I'll just wait until Shars is back in stock. Might cost a little more, but they've kept me happy.

DiscoDan

I just tried the same thing with the tailstock alignment bar and the price jumped almost $10 in the cart. Not going to do business with them.

Technical Ted

Wow! Sounds like they have some issues with their web site. I bought a bunch of BXA holders during their Black Friday sale and went through the checkout process without a glitch. Sale prices were maintained.

Maybe wait a day or two and check to see if they've got things straightened out. Hopefully they'll get things fixed and not pi$$ too many people off before doing so! :(

Ted

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I just bought these with no problem
C04F6243-F78F-4F53-B7A9-048300530AC0.png

Cadillac

Brass
Registered
I just completed a order from all industrial. I think their tooling is great quality and good to deal with. I did see how the price changed a touch when put into the cart. Really doesn’t bother me where else can you buy bxa holders for 9 bucks,axa for 8 bucks,and a bxa mt2 holder for 9 and some change? No where! And to top off spend 75 bucks and get free shipping. Then sign up for email and get another 10% off. My thought was how nice stock up.

Reactions: Z2V

ACHiPo

I really like All Industrial, but their website is abysmal. They ship fast, and reasonably. Their Ebay listings are much better, but I’ve given up trying to find stuff on their website. They are very helpful when you call, but getting discounts can be tricky as the web sales are different than inside sales.

Cadillac

Brass
Registered
Just a little experience I just went through with all industrial. So I had ordered acouple items from them on the last sale they had. Order on Friday received on mon. When the package came the box had a hole in the corner. Opening up the box I found a set of 123 blocks misssing and a bxa holder misssing. I tried emailing the company but got no response. Today I decide to call, girl answers asks what happen and what I was missing. I told her what happened and what I was missing. She says not a problem will send you some replacements. She says we’re not dealing with them and shouldn’t have to too. Awesome
To me that was pretty nice and in reality not their problem. Pretty straight up in my book

Z2V

It’s good to hear positive comments about a vendor. I ordered a set of Techniks er40 collets from the same sale. They arrived in two days also. I’ll use them again!

WCraig

Registered
I bought 6 0XA QCTP toolholders (250-001) through Amazon because--with the shipping charges to Canada--that was the best overall cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6BABTD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They arrived today. One of the six is slightly malformed and I don't know whether to bother trying to exchange it. The dovetail slot is a little narrower (2-3 thous) than the ones that fit well. It is narrower than at the bottom and originally wouldn't start down onto the tool post. After a couple of swipes with the file, it will now seat all the way down. However, it locks in place after moving the lock handle from 1:00 to 2:00. On the other tool posts, I need to move the handle from 1:00 to about 5:00 / 6:00 to lock them in place.

What say you? Is this tool post going to come unlocked by itself? Be less secure, etc? Is it worth the hassle of sending back or should I just use it as my 'toolholder of last resort'?

Craig
Note: What little I normally buy through Amazon is via Amazon.ca; the Canadian version. This purchase was via Amazon.com in the US.

PS It was the first toolholder that I opened that didn't fit. Certainly had me worried that NONE would be OK.

Cadillac

Brass
Registered
Wcraig
I had purchased some bxa holders off amazon about 1st week of December. Bought from All industrial but fulfilled through amazon. When they arrived they were just alittle different than the 20 i already have gotten from all industrial directly. The knurl adj. ring was blackened like holders not chrome like the rest. They also said China on them. The ones I just got last week are like my others chrome adj. screw and don’t say China. The only difference between all of them is the oddball were fulfilled by amazon not direct from all industrial. So maybe and just a guess but maybe they keep the better quality for their own sale?

Bob Korves

Use some high spot blue to find the high spots, and then keep filing the high spots until the handle stops where you want it to. It will then probably fit better than the untouched ones.

[6]
[5] [7]