Alli express

Suzuki4evr

Brass
Registered
Have any od our members delt with Alliexpress and how was your experience?

tjb

Terry
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Have any od our members delt with Alliexpress and how was your experience?
Here's a thread from a couple of years ago that will give you a pretty good bit of detail. The 'Aliexpress' info kicks in on Post #12 by Bob Korves. I ended up buying a DRO system for my lathe from them. Very uneventful and extremely satisfied with the product.

(If the link doesn't work, it was originally posted by 'Prose' on January 18, 2018, titled 'Accuremote or igaging'.)

Regards,
Terry

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/accuremote-or-igaging.65739/

Ed ke6bnl

Brass
Registered
Here's a thread from a couple of years ago that will give you a pretty good bit of detail. The 'Aliexpress' info kicks in on Post #12 by Bob Korves. I ended up buying a DRO system for my lathe from them. Very uneventful and extremely satisfied with the product.

(If the link doesn't work, it was originally posted by 'Prose' on January 18, 2018, titled 'Accuremote or igaging'.)

Regards,
Terry

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/accuremote-or-igaging.65739/
bought a 3 axis dro for my bridgeport for under $300 a couple of years ago got it within a week and all was good even text communication.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I have bought a number of things from Aliexpress, will all good results, other than one smaller issue. I ordered a "set" of 10 diamond lapping paste syringes with a full range of grit sizes. What they sent me had one grit missing and a duplicate of another. I asked for them to send me the missing one, but was only ignored. The value of it was about $1.00 US, so I did not lose any sleep over it...

Edit: The lesson to me was to not send positive feedback before making quite sure I got what I expected. The threat of bad feedback can change your bargaining position.

Suzuki4evr

Brass
Registered
I have bought a number of things from Aliexpress, will all good results, other than one smaller issue. I ordered a "set" of 10 diamond lapping paste syringes with a full range of grit sizes. What they sent me had one grit missing and a duplicate of another. I asked for them to send me the missing one, but was only ignored. The value of it was about $1.00 US, so I did not lose any sleep over it...
So can I come to the conclusion that they are trustworthy and reliable Bob? I want buy a DRO set from them and have never shoped there before.

Eddyde

Bronze
Registered
I bought a DRO for my mill from AliExpress. Smooth transaction, good communication and a fine product. Just like buying off eBay.

Bob Korves

So can I come to the conclusion that they are trustworthy and reliable Bob? I want buy a DRO set from them and have never shoped there before.
My experiences with Aliexpress are very good overall. However, they are on the other side of the ocean, and speak a different language. Things can and do go wrong. That is the same everywhere. Be really careful looking at the ads, for things that just do not look right. If so, find another seller, there are usually multiple sellers for anything we are looking for. If you have a problem, complain about it, do not give good feedback, but rather threaten bad feedback. Bad feedback loses them future customers. Do not buy anything you cannot afford for it to go wrong. Do everything correctly at your end and then hope for the best. The odds, as I see them from experience and poking around, are actually very high for good results.

Bob Korves

Suzuki, there are some things you need to get right when ordering a DRO from Aliexpress. Before you place your order, communicate with me and I will try to help keep you from accidentally ordering the wrong length scales, and other easy to do faux pas.

Suzuki4evr

Brass
Registered
My experiences with Aliexpress are very good overall. However, they are on the other side of the ocean, and speak a different language. Things can and do go wrong. That is the same everywhere. Be really careful looking at the ads, for things that just do not look right. If so, find another seller, there are usually multiple sellers for anything we are looking for. If you have a problem, complain about it, do not give good feedback, but rather threaten bad feedback. Bad feedback loses them future customers. Do not buy anything you cannot afford for it to go wrong. Do everything correctly at your end and then hope for the best. The odds, as I see them from experience and poking around, are actually very high for good results.
Thank you Bob for your feedback. I am looking at two models both with scales. One is the JCS900-3A and the SNS-3V and are about thesame price. Can I ask wich you would go for? I understand you have the SNS,but what do you think of the other one?

Suzuki4evr

Brass
Registered
My travel lengths are x=440mm y=270mm z=390mm but I am planning to raise the head in the future by about 200mm. The bed lengt can handle about a 740mm scale. Having dinner quickly, then we can chat.

pontiac428

Mo-Max
I used Aliexpress/Alibaba to order a bunch of stuff when I was in Europe, and more recently to order a DRO for my mill to my house in the US. I've been happy with the level of service during the sale, and have not had to fix anything after the sale. DRO made it to me from China in 4 days, good shipping price (lots of voodoo economics goes into that, but similar in cost to US domestic shipping). The drawback for me has been the customs office, when applicable. Nothing from customs in the US, but it was a bigger factor than I expected in Europe. Everything is above board, just the fact that I had to pay taxes that I didn't budget for. That has nothing to do with Alibaba. They've earned my trust.

tazzat

Registered
Got 2 DRO from ali.
Easson ES-12B 3 axis and a JCS900-2AE
have order over 100 things from ali,think i had 1 problem but got my money back.
Like the Easson way better than det JCS but the price is 2x

Suzuki4evr

Brass
Registered
I spoke to Bob Corves and I am leaning towards the one je has,the SNS-3V. He is very happy with his. I think the Easson is a bit rich for my blood.
Here is the link of the one I think I'll buy

grotto

Registered
I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Ali.
I've had 1 item not arrive but was probably pinched from my mailbox.
I've had a couple of items which were not as described or faulty, but have been sent replacements at no cost.
some of the stuff is a long way off the quality of English/US made products, but at 1/10th of the cost that's no surprise, and totally fine for my use.
I've also been thinking about a new DRO for my mill so it’s good to read the positive comments

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
I buy from AliExpress often and one tip I can share with you is , when there are multiple sellers for the exact same item, look at the sellers score in each listing, it indicates the quantity sold which can be interpreted as more satisfied customer in general, may also mean that the seller keeps a healthy stock, or ships within 24 hours or all the above.
The sellers who sell the same item much cheaper usually are new and don't have many sales under their belts.

GoceKU

Bronze
Registered
I've ordered stuff from aliexpress many times, maybe is my luck it seams 1 in 5 orders something goes wrong, and in my opinion in small value items protects the buyers but for more expensive, stuff 50$ and more it protects the sellers, i had couple of orders where seller sent half the order advertised i took screenshot disputed evan the seller admitted that he can't make money if he sends the advertised quantity of items but aliexpress still voted in his fever even after i peed they did nothing, with photo proof and seller admitting, so be careful.

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I've made numerous purchases from Aliexpress. All of them were satisfactory. No complaints.

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ken is spot on. It's not so much Aliexpress/Alibaba that is the concern (although I've never had to go through their CS, never had an issue). It's the sellers that you have to research, issues are with them. It's like buying on ebay or TaoBao, they're just the market place.

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
AliExpres is taking a chunk of Amazon's business by offering great customer service but more importantly , by selling the same China made products at much lower price. I was looking to buy a Piezo Blazer torch, Amazon USA sells it for $47 , ( $78 on the Amazon Canada), it always pays to check Ali Express prices for this type of items, I ordered it from AE for $15 USD, the big difference is shipping would take 2 weeks with e-PAK.