Alli express

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Have any od our members delt with Alliexpress and how was your experience?

Have any od our members delt with Alliexpress and how was your experience?
Here's a thread from a couple of years ago that will give you a pretty good bit of detail. The 'Aliexpress' info kicks in on Post #12 by Bob Korves. I ended up buying a DRO system for my lathe from them. Very uneventful and extremely satisfied with the product.

(If the link doesn't work, it was originally posted by 'Prose' on January 18, 2018, titled 'Accuremote or igaging'.)

Regards,
Terry

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/accuremote-or-igaging.65739/

Here's a thread from a couple of years ago that will give you a pretty good bit of detail. The 'Aliexpress' info kicks in on Post #12 by Bob Korves. I ended up buying a DRO system for my lathe from them. Very uneventful and extremely satisfied with the product.

(If the link doesn't work, it was originally posted by 'Prose' on January 18, 2018, titled 'Accuremote or igaging'.)

Regards,
Terry

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/accuremote-or-igaging.65739/
bought a 3 axis dro for my bridgeport for under $300 a couple of years ago got it within a week and all was good even text communication.

I have bought a number of things from Aliexpress, will all good results, other than one smaller issue. I ordered a "set" of 10 diamond lapping paste syringes with a full range of grit sizes. What they sent me had one grit missing and a duplicate of another. I asked for them to send me the missing one, but was only ignored. The value of it was about $1.00 US, so I did not lose any sleep over it...

Edit: The lesson to me was to not send positive feedback before making quite sure I got what I expected. The threat of bad feedback can change your bargaining position.

I have bought a number of things from Aliexpress, will all good results, other than one smaller issue. I ordered a "set" of 10 diamond lapping paste syringes with a full range of grit sizes. What they sent me had one grit missing and a duplicate of another. I asked for them to send me the missing one, but was only ignored. The value of it was about $1.00 US, so I did not lose any sleep over it...
So can I come to the conclusion that they are trustworthy and reliable Bob? I want buy a DRO set from them and have never shoped there before.

I bought a DRO for my mill from AliExpress. Smooth transaction, good communication and a fine product. Just like buying off eBay.

So can I come to the conclusion that they are trustworthy and reliable Bob? I want buy a DRO set from them and have never shoped there before.
My experiences with Aliexpress are very good overall. However, they are on the other side of the ocean, and speak a different language. Things can and do go wrong. That is the same everywhere. Be really careful looking at the ads, for things that just do not look right. If so, find another seller, there are usually multiple sellers for anything we are looking for. If you have a problem, complain about it, do not give good feedback, but rather threaten bad feedback. Bad feedback loses them future customers. Do not buy anything you cannot afford for it to go wrong. Do everything correctly at your end and then hope for the best. The odds, as I see them from experience and poking around, are actually very high for good results.

Suzuki, there are some things you need to get right when ordering a DRO from Aliexpress. Before you place your order, communicate with me and I will try to help keep you from accidentally ordering the wrong length scales, and other easy to do faux pas.

My experiences with Aliexpress are very good overall. However, they are on the other side of the ocean, and speak a different language. Things can and do go wrong. That is the same everywhere. Be really careful looking at the ads, for things that just do not look right. If so, find another seller, there are usually multiple sellers for anything we are looking for. If you have a problem, complain about it, do not give good feedback, but rather threaten bad feedback. Bad feedback loses them future customers. Do not buy anything you cannot afford for it to go wrong. Do everything correctly at your end and then hope for the best. The odds, as I see them from experience and poking around, are actually very high for good results.
Thank you Bob for your feedback. I am looking at two models both with scales. One is the JCS900-3A and the SNS-3V and are about thesame price. Can I ask wich you would go for? I understand you have the SNS,but what do you think of the other one?

Back