Alli express

My travel lengths are x=440mm y=270mm z=390mm but I am planning to raise the head in the future by about 200mm. The bed lengt can handle about a 740mm scale. Having dinner quickly, then we can chat.

I used Aliexpress/Alibaba to order a bunch of stuff when I was in Europe, and more recently to order a DRO for my mill to my house in the US. I've been happy with the level of service during the sale, and have not had to fix anything after the sale. DRO made it to me from China in 4 days, good shipping price (lots of voodoo economics goes into that, but similar in cost to US domestic shipping). The drawback for me has been the customs office, when applicable. Nothing from customs in the US, but it was a bigger factor than I expected in Europe. Everything is above board, just the fact that I had to pay taxes that I didn't budget for. That has nothing to do with Alibaba. They've earned my trust.

Got 2 DRO from ali.
Easson ES-12B 3 axis and a JCS900-2AE
have order over 100 things from ali,think i had 1 problem but got my money back.
Like the Easson way better than det JCS but the price is 2x

I spoke to Bob Corves and I am leaning towards the one je has,the SNS-3V. He is very happy with his. I think the Easson is a bit rich for my blood.
Here is the link of the one I think I'll buy

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Ali.
I've had 1 item not arrive but was probably pinched from my mailbox.
I've had a couple of items which were not as described or faulty, but have been sent replacements at no cost.
some of the stuff is a long way off the quality of English/US made products, but at 1/10th of the cost that's no surprise, and totally fine for my use.
I've also been thinking about a new DRO for my mill so it’s good to read the positive comments

I buy from AliExpress often and one tip I can share with you is , when there are multiple sellers for the exact same item, look at the sellers score in each listing, it indicates the quantity sold which can be interpreted as more satisfied customer in general, may also mean that the seller keeps a healthy stock, or ships within 24 hours or all the above.
The sellers who sell the same item much cheaper usually are new and don't have many sales under their belts.

I recently bought a DRO from AliExpress for my lathe. Smooth deal, no problems.

I've ordered stuff from aliexpress many times, maybe is my luck it seams 1 in 5 orders something goes wrong, and in my opinion in small value items protects the buyers but for more expensive, stuff 50$ and more it protects the sellers, i had couple of orders where seller sent half the order advertised i took screenshot disputed evan the seller admitted that he can't make money if he sends the advertised quantity of items but aliexpress still voted in his fever even after i peed they did nothing, with photo proof and seller admitting, so be careful.

I've made numerous purchases from Aliexpress. All of them were satisfactory. No complaints.

Ken is spot on. It's not so much Aliexpress/Alibaba that is the concern (although I've never had to go through their CS, never had an issue). It's the sellers that you have to research, issues are with them. It's like buying on ebay or TaoBao, they're just the market place.

Back