Almost scammed today........but my wife smelled a rat

Anyone who wants to pay up front and ask for directions to any account , or willing to pay more to hold it and even those that ask is it still for sale. I've caught several who tried to scam me but none have succeeded.
EBay is pretty safe for money with PayPal also have so far been very fair. I had a 9" rotary table bought and paid and stolen by FedEx in Kearney NJ . Full refund FedEx is famous for missing packages.

Yep, sellers packaging items has been my worst experience with ebay. I swear someone in the Denver post office must have a heck of a tool collection. But for the most part, my experience has been great. I tend to stay away from the lots of many small to med tools.

I think I have had more issues with Craigslist sellers. Went to one seller, and the bandsaw was not even the same brand or color as the pics they posted. Another time, I talks on the phone with the seller for over an hour about a 14" lathe he had for sale. Told him, I just needed to line up a trailer, and we agreed I would meet him at his place like 2PM the next day. The next morning, I called him, and spoke to his wife, told her I did line up a Uhaul trailer, and will be there at 2. After picking up the trailer, and driving over 2 hrs, I was less then 15 mins from his house, and he calls me and says he just sold the lathe. Had another seller want a deposit on the bandsaw, before I drove down to take a look. claimed he had too many buyers not show up. Well, neither did I

Definitly a buyer be aware world.
I would most probably went and give him a piece of my mind........you can fill in the blank.

As with some of the previous comments, the only problem I've ever had with Ebay was with poorly packaged items being damaged or destroyed in transit. I have sold some fairly fragile items myself on Ebay, and I go overboard on the packaging, because I know the treatment they will recieve in transit. I had someone try to scam me on CL once, as well. I still like CL for items I can't ship, though. Just sold a shaper to some great guys from LA on CL.

As with some of the previous comments, the only problem I've ever had with Ebay was with poorly packaged items being damaged or destroyed in transit. I have sold some fairly fragile items myself on Ebay, and I go overboard on the packaging, because I know the treatment they will recieve in transit. I had someone try to scam me on CL once, as well. I still like CL for items I can't ship, though. Just sold a shaper to some great guys from LA on CL.
Off topic.........nice avatar man

Suzuki4evr
I am so glad you and your wife was aware enough to suspect a bum. There are too many out there doing what ever it takes to cheat people out of their money. Thank God you smelled the retch out before it was too late. Yes it is a buyer beware market.
Nelson
It might be a good idea to post this impostor and his daughter so maybe the next person might be fore warned.

Has anyone used Facebook Marketplace instead of Craigslist?

Our local police department has an area of their parking lot where you can meet people and complete transactions arranged online. It's well lit, on camera and visible from inside the station. I understand that other departments do the same. I don't think I'd ever do anything other than a cash transaction or a swap through Craigslist.

Suzuki4evr
I am so glad you and your wife was aware enough to suspect a bum. There are too many out there doing what ever it takes to cheat people out of their money. Thank God you smelled the retch out before it was too late. Yes it is a buyer beware market.
Nelson
It might be a good idea to post this impostor and his daughter so maybe the next person might be fore warned.
Hi Nelson.
We found that other people HAVE been scammed and there was one guy that is really ****** off and was the wrong guy to try and scam. We contacted him and apparently he is now hot on their trail. He also opend a case at the police. So hopefully they get what'scoming to them. Good to hear from you.

Michael.

Suzuki4evr
Nelson
Hi Nelson.
We found that other people HAVE been scammed and there was one guy that is really ****** off and was the wrong guy to try and scam. We contacted him and apparently he is now hot on their trail. He also opend a case at the police. So hopefully they get what'scoming to them. Good to hear from you.

Michael.

Back