Aluminum cutting- wet or dry?

Wax sticks work great , I've also used my mister if I don't want to sit over the saw.

Unlike most responding here I cut aluminum dry. I use a Startrite H175 vertical/horizontal band saw. The saw has coolant capability, but I never use it. Most often I use a 10-14 tpi variable pitch bimetal blade .035 thick at 80 fpm. The down pressure is set at 6 psi. The saw also has a circular wire brush just beyond the exit side blade guide. The blade stays clean and will easily cut through a 3" x6" block without more than a couple thousandths variance from top to bottom.

Depending on the use and materials I usually get 2 or more years from each blade.

Unlike most responding here I cut aluminum dry. I use a Startrite H175 vertical/horizontal band saw. The saw has coolant capability, but I never use it. Most often I use a 10-14 tpi variable pitch bimetal blade .035 thick at 80 fpm. The down pressure is set at 6 psi. The saw also has a circular wire brush just beyond the exit side blade guide. The blade stays clean and will easily cut through a 3" x6" block without more than a couple thousandths variance from top to bottom.

Depending on the use and materials I usually get 2 or more years from each blade.

+1
I do exactly the same. :encourage:

Aluminum-WD 40
Without it, everything just stops cooperating
IMHO

Back