Always check when in doubt... Mislabeled Taps

It does even say on the box sti so atleast it wasnt a boo boo in error of wrong tap in box just wrong box grabbed in general

Well, at least 2/3 of the order was filled properly. The 3/8 and 1/4" taps were correct. The 5/16 were sent as heli-coil taps. Hopefully the exchange will go smoothly.

Ray

Funny, I was just sorting some taps. One of them said 1/4-20, but it was obviously too big. Then I saw the STI.

This has happened to me a few times ,especially at work when taking over someone else's set up ,the funny thing is ,I only listen to my inner voice when I'm in a calm collected state of mind , that's when I double and triple check a setup, it is very hard hear that voice when you're in a rush or tired /hungry, or facing a deadline.

It took me a long time in the trade to learn to listen to that voice. I still hear it, and I still listen.

Somewhere in some factory:

Bob, I just dumped 2 boxes of these things on the floor. How about helping me sort them out?
They look the same to me - kinda like screw looking things - just scoop them up and put them in a box. Nobody will notice.

Back