• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Amco 7" shaper rotary

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

patf

Swarf
Registered Member
Hi, This is my first post . This is Patf in Austin Tx. I have an amco shaper and want to build a simple indexing rotary table and wanted to know the dimentions of the original table. I have seen a picture of the rotary table complete in the amco shaper parts and accesories . It looks like it has the table with 3 t slots and a 5/8" stud that goes through the base plate? , and in to the shaper box.. This is held with a washer and a 1/2"nut similar to the stock vice. the base plate is held from truning by a 5/16 key. Does this sound correct. Thanks for any input. A picture of all the parts would be wonderful! Thanks Pat

rock_breaker

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Hello patf.
It is 11:00 pm now but I do have an AMCO 7" shaper.. Took a stroll out to the shop: the table is 7.25" long by 4.5" wide with 5.5" long groves that are 0.25" wide. Not sure about stud and keyway as I have a vise mounted, believe your dimensions are right.I have tinkered with my shaper some and am amazed at the finish it produces on aluminum. I need to make an internal keyway cutting system to make keyways in pulleys and hopefully gears. Am looking forward to hearing about your project Enjoy your machine. I will double check the dimensions tomorrow in light of day.
Have a good day
Ray

patf

Swarf
Registered Member
Thanks for the reply Ray! Here are the tools I have made so far. The internal slotter bolts to the clapper with a 3/4 course nut. 2 ,3/8
" bars. one has a 1/8" square hole and the other 3/16" sq hole. 1 slitting tool to hold a hacksaw blade, two straps to mount on the sise for round stock. I am making a quick rotating plate to mount and use as a indexing table until I get the full dimensions of the amco rotary indexer. I wonder what it looks like in pieces??? I also made an adapter to mount taig and sherline chucks and face plates to the table. I will try to add pictures. Cheers Pat

Attachments

patf

Swarf
Registered Member
Thanks for the reply Ray! Here are the tools I have made so far. The internal slotter bolts to the clapper with a 3/4 course nut. 2 ,3/8
" bars. one has a 1/8" square hole and the other 3/16" sq hole. 1 slitting tool to hold a hacksaw blade, two straps to mount on the sise for round stock. I am making a quick rotating plate to mount and use as a indexing table until I get the full dimensions of the amco rotary indexer. I wonder what it looks like in pieces??? I also made an adapter to mount taig and sherline chucks and face plates to the table. I will try to add pictures. Cheers Pat

Attachments

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Interesting, Pat. I've never seen a slitter tool like that before -- kind of curious as to how you find it works?

-frank

patf

Swarf
Registered Member
2 more pictures. A tool to change compound degrees easily! And an adapter for Taig lathe chucks. The 5/8” plain bushing is made from a 1/2” course threa nut turned in the lathe to 5/8” od.
Interesting, Pat. I've never seen a slitter tool like that before -- kind of curious as to how you find it works?

-frank

-frank
Hi Frank, it is just a precision hack saw tool that is easy to make. I used it to cut a notch for a special screw. You could use a lathe cut off blade but this is a lot smoother of a cut.

Attachments

[6]
[5] [7]