American lathe

toploader

Registered
Registered
I just recently purchased a large horizontal boring mill and I need shop space. I bought this American tool works lathe with a lot of other misc items I wanted. I had the intentions of restoring this lathe but those plans have been cancelled.

I don't want to scrap this lathe. The spindle bearings are "sticky", the compound is trashed, its missing a tooth off the cone gear. Does anyone want a project lathe? If not I'm gonna take the legs, tags and the tail stock. And the rest is getting scrapped. Also if anyone needs any of the parts off it. Mid February it's getting scrapped....which kills me.

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

You should be able to mount at least 5 mail boxes on it and place at the road or street. Won't have to worry anybody stealing it.

Where are you located, and what are you asking for it?

-Bear

Looks like Eugene Oregon, Bear. Road Trip?!

Man, that's another handsome machine... *SIGH*
Those legs would go for a princely sum to an interior design making a table....

Would be fun to restore but I'm guessing the spindle bore is a bit small by today's standards
M

Looks like Eugene Oregon, Bear. Road Trip?!

Man, that's another handsome machine... *SIGH*
Those legs would go for a princely sum to an interior design making a table....

Ok, I just figured out where to find locations... too bad Oregon is a couple of miles too far... it might be fun to tinker with.

-Bear

Ok, I just figured out where to find locations... too bad Oregon is a couple of miles too far... it might be fun to tinker with.

-Bear
Exactly! For some odd reason I really like this lathe. My Better Half also though it was handsome when I showed her the pict last night.
I think she's lusting after the legs... :grin:

Exactly! For some odd reason I really like this lathe. My Better Half also though it was handsome when I showed her the pict last night.
I think she's lusting after the legs... :grin:

I just love old iron... I don't really know why... lol...

-Bear

I'd love the legs for my little federal planer . The way it looks the bed could be it's mount . With needing a super structure there's plenty to work from . But alas it's about 3,500 miles from NJ . Nope road trip won't do it now at my disabled state of body. The brain says so what a couple weeks driving . Eouch my throbbing spine.

Back