American Pacemaker -- learning to scrape V-ways for alignment . . .

You can go to Home Depot of Menards and but a 1" x 5 or 6" foam rubber paint roller and handle for $4.00 and some extra rollers. I have one for yellow and one for blue. If my plate id big enough I squirt a 1/6 x 2" approx. line of ink in the center of the granite surface plate or a 1/4 x 8 x 12" piece of plex-i-glass and spread it out one one of those evenly on the roller and then spread it out on the straight-edge or where you want to blue up.

As both of you saw on my DVD, wipe your hand or fingers through the blue and area ready to be blued area to feel for dirt, chips or lint before bluing up. It just like a machinist wiping off a surface with his hand before setting a part on a table to check for dirt. This why I recommend the Canode ink as it washes off with soap and water. Dykem which is think that I the best bearing ink will stain your hand, nose, fingers, ear's or what ever you touch it to. Canode take a little getting used to, but it's so much cleaner. I also dilute the Yellow with glass cleaner so you roll on to get a thin layer and then wipe off so it's dry to the touch. before you blue up.
The Yellow dulls the shinny metal on before you rub the straight-edge on it.

Back