American rotary phase convertors ?

I love mine. I run a 2HP Bridgeport clone, a 2HP lathe and a 3HP lathe on it. I don't recall ever having run more than one piece of equipment at a time, but I suspect it might not be a problem. Never had any problems with it, and would recommend it to anyone.

I love mine. I run a 2HP Bridgeport clone, a 2HP lathe and a 3HP lathe on it. I don't recall ever having run more than one piece of equipment at a time, but I suspect it might not be a problem. Never had any problems with it, and would recommend it to anyone.
Is yours a AR5 or what model is yours ?

I bought a 10 hp American rotary RPC several years ago to power a three-phase lathe, and to provide 3 p power when if I ever needed it. I’ve been very happy with the equipment and can speak highly for the responsiveness of the company and their Staff.

Since them I found three additional three phase machines to add to the shop that I could never could have operated if it were not for the RPC. Just three years ago 110 to 220 3 phase VFD’s were very expensive and not readily available. So it made more sense to buy an RPC, than it does today.

This week I bought a TECO 110 to 220 v 3phase VFD to install on a pedestal grinder. it was only $125. And it works perfectly at a fraction of the cost of the RPC.

So now days I think I would go with the VFD and pass on purchasing another RPC. Your machine will have a lot more flexibility and greater resell value if you can plug it into a 110 outlet then operate it on three phase.

Just be careful they are not the end-all, for example working with multiple motors on the same machine and particularly two speed motors is difficult if not impossible with one VFD.

Glenn

Is yours a AR5 or what model is yours ?
Sorry for the slow response. Just got back to my computer. I'll look at the model # in the AM and post the info.

Regards

I've been running a VS Bridgeport, a surface grinder, and a Deckel SO grinder from their 3HP model (not at the same time of course) for about 12 years without issue. I run two other lathes and another Bridgeport (step pulley) from VFD's. When it came time to help get a friends shop set up I installed the same 3HP model RPC for him to run a Cincy Toolmaster and a 15" LeBlond.

I think Im going with RPC instead of VFDs because I can run more machines off of it and move it around when I buy new ones. Alot of money for VFD s for alot of machines when I can have one RPC and switch to all of them . Its a hobby not a business not running all at once ....... Thanks to all

I think Im going with RPC instead of VFDs because I can run more machines off of it and move it around when I buy new ones. Alot of money for VFD s for alot of machines when I can have one RPC and switch to all of them . Its a hobby not a business not running all at once ....... Thanks to all
Personally, I think that's a wise choice. I have zero complaints with mine. Do you still want me to send you the model number/specs on mine?

Regards,
Terry

I use a 5HP model on a surface grinder ad am very pleased with it.

Back