Anchor Lube Who's Tried It ???

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I need to order new tapping fluid I usually use tap magic I got locally but it's no longer available so I was wondering about anchor lubes those that have used it how do you like it is it better than tap magic ???any opinions welcome :) my 16 oz of tap majic lasted a long time I know the anchor lube is more like a paste decisions decisions lol

Here is my 2 cents, Tap Magic got its start in the business with addition of TCE in their product and it was an instant industry success, Everybody in the industrial magazines claim to have the greatest and don't, I have received 12-15 sample bottles including the anchor and nothing works and good as TCE (THANKS EPA) I drill and tap a lot of stainless and how drill one hone size larger to prevent tap breakage. I used up my last gallon of Tap Magic about 4 years ago, now I have experimented with putting sulfur in cutting oil with the same results as commercial products. One thing that I learned the hard way was the new Tapmagic can leave a very unpleasant odor in your shop. My home made cutting fluid is just as good. The Anchor brand is good for drilling and OK for tapping.

i use anchor lube , it's the cat's meow!
it can be used full strength or mixed with water to desired consistency
it is just great on stainless steel
i use it for drilling, turning, & tapping
it doesn't smell funny and it's relatively inexpensive

They sent me a sample bottle of it a while back and I have yet to use it. I still have a couple of cans of Tap Magic, so can't tell you anything about it. If you've used it now, you're ahead of me. It did seem like a good product, from reading some reviews, so it may end up a good sub for TM when I can't get it. It's still available here, although I don't like the new formula as well as the good old cinnamon smelling old stuff.

If you go on the Anchorlube website, they have a free sample offer. I got it and use it. I like that it is not as messy or odorous as some others I have tried.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jack. I just ordered my free sample and look forward to trying it. :D

Over the years I've used them all with great success depending on the application . What's the best ? Hm ..........I used a thick paste years back which I believe was called Accu-tap if my memory is correct. Came in a very small blue plastic container . Worked excellent when power tapping holes down to 2-56 in hardened 17-4ph stainless . No mess and no smell .

I was introduced to Anchor Lube about ten years ago, and really like it when working with stainless. I always had some of it at work, and I now always have a bottle of it in my own shop, too.

I like it for tapping and some drilling.

Back