HARIG BURR BEAVER - $200 (san leandro, CA)

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

1579752904289.png

Although I already have a similar machine I was very tempted to call my brother to go get this for me. At that price it's a steal considering what they cost new. Then I looked to see what type of cutters they use. Looks like they are proprietary & they aren't cheap, almost $200 ea. That's a deal breaker for me. Cutter should last long as does mine but my cutter uses common inexpensive SPU inserts.

Still it seems like a decent machine. Made in the USA & costs $2000 new.

Yeah, that cutter is an issue but in a hobby shop, it should last a while. I sent my son an email to see if he can go get it for me. He lives in Mountain View so hopefully not too far.

EDIT: forgot to say Thank You, Mr. Whoopee!

Last edited:
Yup true that. I just bought a 10 pack of new inserts for mine. Not that I need them yet. Still using the first edge & the inserts are square so I get 4 edges per insert. Uses 4 inserts. But the inserts I bought were Hertel SPG. Just want to see how SPG inserts will work compared to SPU & a higher quality insert.

Hope you get it. That one looks brand new at a crazy low price. That's what sparked my interest even though I don't need it.

Got the machine for$200.00, plus a spare cutter for an additional$50.00. Pretty good deal. I'll tell you more when I see it.

Sweet!

Hey, the pictures are back!

Back