Anilam 3000M programing question

Marcduper

Registered
Registered
Good morning all,

I am hoping someone out there has a little Anilam programing experience. Here we go: I have a 1 inch piece of aluminum bar between centers. I get to why in a few. I would like the milling machine to increment into the -Y direction for machining the profile. My plan is to machine the geometry inboard, than rotating the piece 180 degrees and run the program again to complete the other side. It is a mirror image. Currently the Mill cycle is incrementing the profile in the -Z direction, like normal milling.

Any words would be appreciated. The machine is a factory produced Bridgeport 3 axis with a 3000M controller.

Thank you.

I'm having a problem getting my head around what you are trying to do. Maybe you could provide a picture or a drawing of your setup and part. From your description it sounds like you are trying to swap what would normally be the Z and Y axis for this operation.

The other question is: Are you trying to use a canned cycle in the Anilam to accomplish the operation? If so, you may have to hand write the G code or use the conversational programming functionality in the Anilam to accomplish what you want.

Between centers? You didn't explain that- you mean a dividing head and a center tailstock?
-Mark

Isn't there a G code like G17, G18, G19 that sets the plane? My safety start up code usually includes a G17 to set up to an X/Y plane.

Bruce

Back