[CNC] Anilam 3200mk Help

Mmmmmmmm.......No:) This explains it better than I can, a picture is worth a thousand words ;)

Household-transformer-32a.jpg

How and where the Neutral and Ground are connected depends on local code and the age of the system. In Oregon for instance, mobile homes and floating homes (houseboats) are required to have a 4 wire system, 4 wires running from the power pole to the breaker panel, with the neutral and ground as separate wires. The neutral and ground are not connected at the breaker box, and run all the way back to the power pole. This may also be code for all new construction, not sure about that.

Might be. I only have three wires into the panel from the pole.

I'm a bad explainer. this is what I meant by the dividing(not divinded haha) line in the A/C sine wave. I think its showing the same thing as you picture, just in a medium I understand, FAT CRAYONS!! hahaha

TAXWp.jpg

TAXWp.jpg

TAXWp.jpg

TAXWp.jpg

TAXWp.jpg

TAXWp.jpg

Love that drawing :grin big: I guess you have it figured out, close enough for this discussion. :encourage:

TA-DA!!

I turned it on manually with the buttons on the face of the VFD like a simpleton. I did a bunch more little detail wiring and built my fan. I just need to figure out how I'm going to turn it on, and how to control the VFD. Downloading the manuals now and doing some reading!

I got to thinking about why the spindle controls were on a separate box, then it hit me.....
I believe they have to be that way to run the mill manually without CNC. I know that I can't turn my spindle on, WITHOUT the servos fired up. If the servos are on, you won't be able to manually crank the table.

That is a big step forward. :encourage:

I'm still running mine from the front panel
upload_2016-2-19_22-49-56.png

Last edited:
ok. Based on what Fred mentioned I'm going to just wire in my little button panel. For conversation continuity lets call this the "control panel".

So in this manual

http://downloads.omron.eu/IAB/Produ...e/MX2/I570/I570-E2-02B+3G3MX2+UsersManual.pdf

Book Page 195(PDF pg 221) it starts talking about those inputs. I found a great picture that had them all labeled in a diagram and now I can't find it.

From the looks of these diagrams it looks like simple two wire push buttons would work. Do these need to latch? or does a simple signal turn on the feature(fwd or rev for example) and another push turns it off?

I fixed the bent X bracket today and found, not surprisingly, that the belt in there was wrecked as well.

It looks like you can use 3 wire control (momentary contact pushbuttons) for start and stop. For forward and reverse, it seems to require a maintained contact switch. See section 4-5-9, page 212. Any of the inputs can be programed for STA, STP, and F/R. I would use S1, S2, and S3 for these functions. It takes a while to wade through that manual, it's not written for the first time user.

Once you get the controls figured out, I would still use a remote pot for speed control. The little dinky knobs on the VFD's seem to be hard to operate with greasy fingers. I made a custom dial for my pot with movable stops to preset an operating range for the job. I calibrated the dial right off the digital tach, and as you can see the pot is quite linear. I don't pay much attention to the tach anymore.I have several jobs that runs tools at 2 different speeds, and it very handy to just flip the dial from one stop to the other without having to look.pot.jpg

Back