Anodizing

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guy I have a piece of aluminum that’s 1”x2”x8” long that I am making a tramming gage for mill which I like see bout getting it anodized red.I have no idea what something like this would cost or if anyone would be interested.Or maybe you may know someone that does this,if you do let me know,not ready yet bout month out right now

It's not very difficult to accomplish this task as a DIY project at home. There are many YouTube videos on the subject that will walk you through the entire process and the tools/materials needed are very easy to get which are basically a power supply (battery charger, modded computer power supply etc...), dye (clothing dye works), plastic bucket and metal pot big enough to allow your part to be completely submerged and a few other odds and ends. Anyway it's a pretty nice setup to have sitting on the work bench for a Hobbyist to use.

Yea, they actually sell markers you can use pretty easily. They're like bingo card blotters - Used to use em working on helo generator shells all the time.

Dmenter91 could you provide link to what your talking about? My project did not come out that good so love have something that will help make it better

Back