Another 1340 question - electrical

uchytil

Registered
Registered
Anyone converted their 1340 to from 110 to 220v? I assumed" my order was dual voltage and arrived as a 110v machine. I believe they can be wired 220v but have yet to figure that out. Mainly wanted to see if anyone had done this? The new Granite has a DC motor.

You should find a nameplate or label on the motor with the wiring info- post a picture and we can advise you
-Mark

The wiring diagrams appear to be the same for the 110/220V versions, so it is unclear if there is a universal power supply or the main control board is different between the versions. There is no mention that either voltage can be used on the same model, and no mention of dual voltage in the manual. I would contact Smithy 800-476-4849 to see what needs to be done.

They sent me this. I have not opened the crate yet. They say just remove these three jumpers and install the correct NEMA 220V male plug (or hard wire).

Attachments

• 110-220 CONVERT.jpg
    110-220 CONVERT.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 16
Ah I see, it's an electronic controller. Looks like cutting the jumpers puts the input capacitors in series rather than parallel for 220 volts which makes sense. Should work.
-Mark

Ah I see, it's an electronic controller. Looks like cutting the jumpers puts the input capacitors in series rather than parallel for 220 volts which makes sense. Should work.
-Mark
I sure hope so. I'm pretty good with standard electrical work but not really electronics. This is straight from Smithy when I asked them. They send this model either way. They up charge $60 for the 220 version. I like the idea that the 220 draws about half the amps, 8 vs 16 for the 110 version. They did still recommend I use a 20 amp breaker in either case which seems a bit odd.

Probably just to make it more convenient for you- one less thing to change.
-M

I sure hope so. I'm pretty good with standard electrical work but not really electronics. This is straight from Smithy when I asked them. They send this model either way. They up charge $60 for the 220 version. I like the idea that the 220 draws about half the amps, 8 vs 16 for the 110 version. They did still recommend I use a 20 amp breaker in either case which seems a bit odd.

20 Amps probably due to the start up current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back