Another anodizing project

I have yet to see any anodize hold up to the sun

Real anodizing dye's are not very expensive.... But the rit dye does work. Real anodizing sealer is what has the UV resistance, and also not very expensive to buy the real stuff.

Thanks Jamie 76.
What particular sealer are you referring to?
Have a great day!
Ed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I forget the chemical name, but its a hot (180-190) degree sealer. There is a guy in Danville, PA that sells dye's, cleaners and sealers in small qt's that makes it affordable for the hobby guy. He also sells a guide book that will same you tons of trials and error. His company is thefocuser.com or moonlight telescope. I got his book about 5 years ago and my initial supplies to start a small anodize set up, and made several runs to the point of needing a more serious set up. I ever was able to spend a few hours there, watch him run a batch of anodize and buy all the stuff i needed.

I forget the chemical name, but its a hot (180-190) degree sealer. There is a guy in Danville, PA that sells dye's, cleaners and sealers in small qt's that makes it affordable for the hobby guy. He also sells a guide book that will same you tons of trials and error. His company is thefocuser.com or moonlight telescope. I got his book about 5 years ago and my initial supplies to start a small anodize set up, and made several runs to the point of needing a more serious set up. I ever was able to spend a few hours there, watch him run a batch of anodize and buy all the stuff i needed.

hi jamie76xi really appreciate the info on the suppliers,but you can't use "the" in front of focuser.com. just a quick note to make it easier to locate. you are definatly right about the man and his supplies, there fantastic, i'm going to order the book first, that way i will get a good start along with all the help in this forum. thank you all for sharing this info

The book will save you time and money and Ron is a really good guy. If you call him he with a question he will take the time to help you. He made it very easy for me to get set up anodizing.

The book will save you time and money and Ron is a really good guy. If you call him he with a question he will take the time to help you. He made it very easy for me to get set up anodizing.

hi jamie76x i ordered the book and just received it today, and boy does it have an awful lot of information in it , and i just browsed over each page a bit to understanding it all i'm almost swamped but i'll have a great time putting this system together.i'll have plenty of time i'm retired:thinking::thinking::allgood::allgood:

Good, that book will save you a lot of time and money. Let us know how you make out. Also, some of the dies like black seam to work better cold. Call and talk to Ron before you order and ask him. When I started dealing with him the book said 160-180 degrees on all the dies, but he was starting to have better results with colder temps on some colors. I know the blues and reds worked great at 160-170 but black was working perfect for me at room temp. Good luck!

Where on focuser.com is the anodizing stuff? Love the project great info. I want to try anodizing some parts myself.

Jeff

Back