Another auction buy..... A Do-all DH-612 surface grinder.

There is no doubt that it IS a hydraulic machine and it does have the automatic Bijur lube unit and there is no provision for any coolant system.
I studied the pictures and the manuals for a while last night and I make these assertions with confidence.

The malfunctioning part has to be either the lube unit or the main hydraulic pump. Either will be a relatively easy and inexpensive fix.

You done well Marcel!

There is no doubt that it IS a hydraulic machine and it does have the automatic Bijur lube unit and there is no provision for any coolant system.
I studied the pictures and the manuals for a while last night and I make these assertions with confidence.

The malfunctioning part has to be either the lube unit or the main hydraulic pump. Either will be a relatively easy and inexpensive fix.

You done well Marcel!
You're making me a very very happy boy!:)) I can R&R a pump in my sleep. And I'm hoping it's just the lube pump, the cheaper of the two!:LOL:

You SHOULD be happy!

You bought a very clean, fully spec'd out grinder for pretty small money.

Be sure you filch as many wheel adapters as you can and opening that cabinet in the base might be like opening a Christmas present. I'll wager that there are some goodies in there!

Ken, I'm trying to figure out where the heck the reservoir and pump are for the hydraulics?

here's the chuck I have, it holds good:
20131231_100529_zpsb2vgbwpr.jpg

20131231_100611_zpsvu5y1lhm.jpg

20131231_100529_zpsb2vgbwpr.jpg

20131231_100611_zpsvu5y1lhm.jpg

The instructions for grinding the chuck in the DoAll manual are priceless if rather complicated.

I'm curious as to the serial number of this machine. The first two numbers in it will tell you what year this was made.

I like the provision for mounting the hand longitudinal feed handwheel on either side.

I'm jealous. I need to replace my big DoAll SG as that is now probably being shipped to China as scrap metal. Thankfully used SG's go for pretty small money around here. I paid like $350 for my D824-10.

- - - Updated - - -

The hydraulic unit is sitting directly behind the column out of sight. One of the pics show the two hydraulic lines snaking their way back there.

Did you notice the two DRO scales and the DRO support arm on this thing? They're there and I predict you'll be searching for a used DRO display ten minutes after you get the thing home!

I'd say this thing weighs around 1500#.

Good eye, I see the DRO scales now. I'm pretty anxious to get this thing home and start working on it. Your help on this, is, and will be, greatly appreciated.

Marcel

Happy to help however I may.

Like I said, I studied the pics for quite a while last night.

So right now the score is that you got a VERY clean, fully spec'd out, hydraulic SG with already installed DRO scales for $355.

I'd say you have every right to be ecstatic.

As with all thing grinder related you'll now have to spend some money on things like a balancing stand and arbor, dressers, both radius and regular, wheel adapters, and a magnetic chuck.

I'd say that this clean of a machine deserves a little money thrown at it.

Picked up a Do-All geared head drill press for NOTHING- it was given to a shop teacher because one of the as#@$% students had switched gears while the machine was running and destroyed the fiber gear (even tho the placard says not to, oh I'm sorry, I forgot English is a second language now). The Vo-Tech administrator told him to get it out before it went to the dump. Remember this when your property tax bill comes in the mail. We already paid for these nice scores. Made an aluminum gear for it but would still like to find an original and is there a link to a manual anywhere? Great score on the grinder- that's still on my want list.--David

Picked up a Do-All geared head drill press for NOTHING- it was given to a shop teacher because one of the as#@$% students had switched gears while the machine was running and destroyed the fiber gear (even tho the placard says not to, oh I'm sorry, I forgot English is a second language now). The Vo-Tech administrator told him to get it out before it went to the dump. Remember this when your property tax bill comes in the mail. We already paid for these nice scores. Made an aluminum gear for it but would still like to find an original and is there a link to a manual anywhere? Great score on the grinder- that's still on my want list.--David
:offtopic::LOL:

Marcel, keep us in the loop here when you go pick this SG up.

I'm curious about what you find after a close inspection.

Back