Another Cincy Toolmaster

Chipper,
I regularly watch for Cincy Toolmaster parts (especially power feeds!).
A knee crank came up on Ebay several months ago. But its the only one I recall.
I could draw a print of mine. But unless you've got a mill and a dividing head it wont be of much value.
On the other hand I suppose a hack saw and some needle files would work.
In seriousness if I need a Cincy knee crank, I'd look at one of the "Crank Yankers".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261613314433?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Consider contacting the seller first and confirm the Yanker will fit your 1D.
If you don't like the drill idea (I don't) then consider welding it to a shop made aluminum handle.

Daryl
MN

Hi Daryl, thank you for the info on the knee crank. The crank yanker at $34 is likely the way to go (however I've never let the straight forward approach get in my way). I do have a small Maho milling machine with dividing head (the Maho is great, but the movements are small - hence the Cincy). I've got a crank handle from a broken Victoria mill (that's a story for another day), with enough meat on it to cut in the face spline.

Making up a sketch? Is it just a mirror image of what is on the mill (with a little clearance)? If it is, then I should be okay.

I don't know Maho. Is that a fish?
Regardless, sounds like you have a plan!
Please keep us posted.

Daryl
MN

Thanks David! Wow, my "manual feed" 1D is a lot different!
L1020419.JPG

Not the greatest picture, but hopefully you can make out the t-nut channel which I assume is designed to hold the Y axis adjustable stops. However, I couldn't find a hole that would accept a pin (like on the X-axis) to engage the stops. Your machine has such a pin, but I saw no provision for it on mine. The aluminum block (upper right of the picture) looks to have been added by a previous owner for some unknown function. I think it's too far from the t-nut channel to mount something to engage the X-axis stops...

Would someone who has a manual feed 1D post a shot of this area on their machine? I'd really like to know what is supposed to be there!

Thanks again David!

Jeff Rininger

L1020419.JPG

Hi Daryl, I tried to reply to your "fish" comment. Did it get through? Regards, David

This is going to be hard to explain but what I dug up for the tee slot is a flat sided button head square shank bolt the stop goes into. Put in the tee rotated 180 and the square shank
keeps it vertical. And I can not find this in the book. I have seen this on machines. Elementary machining to make your own. Nother words think of a flat sided carriage bolt.
just my guess

Hmmm.
Perhaps I need more coffee.
Can you make an post a print or pic?

Daryl
MN

Chipper,
I should have replied. I think I replied in my head. But the only ones that heard that are the other people living there.
I didn't intend to slight your Maho.
I followed the links you sent and did some other snooping.
That is a neat machined with the potential of incredible precision.
If I found one locally at a price I'd have to go look at her.

My wife and I have vague plans to visit a HM member located on the eastern end of Canada.
I'd like to see your machine make chips. If we get up your way (Red Deer) would you consider a shop tour?

Daryl
MN

Back