Another goof or blunder .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This morning 1 hr before my shift ends . My co-worker and I are out in one of the silos looking for a vacuum leak because one of the lines ran out of pellets . We heard a loud bang and thought the clog cleared out . Coming out of the silo we heard screaming . We had contractors installing new air tanks for the new compressors in one of the sheds . While installing the tank , it fell over on him . The mounting base was small compared to the tank itself , 8 ft tall , maybe 4 ft in diameter . He had moved it into place , bent down to lag it to the floor , turned his back . It fell ..........on top of him . 1600 lbs . Broke both arms and one leg . Deep cuts on both arms and in shock . We called parametics and they were there within 10 minutes . Took awhile to move things to remove him . He's alive but we're sure his weekend was ruined . :(

Just a reminder , stay out of the line of fire and never turn your back , be aware of what you're doing . We just had 4 hrs of fall protection training this week , so I'm sure we'll be hearing about this soon and will have more training although this was not one of our guys . Stay safe .

Reality strikes again. No fun for anybody. I hope he can make a full recovery, but it sounds like it won't be easy.

Thanks for the reminder.

At least he was installing a tank, where he could say, "There I was, just doing my job when all of a sudden." Could be worse, he could have to tell everyone about why one shouldn't rock vending machines.

Official report . Both arms and both legs were broken . Aukie has some pics of the vessel .

Back