Another in South Carolina ends 02/04 - Odd charges

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've seen where they have handling/rigger charges on all the items before. I do not participate in those. I think either the company doesn't want everyone walking around their building for insurance purposes or the rigger has a deal with the auction house so everyone gets paid. :bs:

Several items didn't sell. Noteably a Gorton 675 Universal Tool & Cutter Grinder
Looked fine to me.

I captured the hammer prices. The PDFs are one long page, you have to zoom in to see the lots.
Also captured just the grinders.

Attachments

• Grinders-sa__ESS Industrial _ Total Plant Clear Out - Industrial Equipment (Plastics, Presses ...pdf
    395.7 KB · Views: 122
  • PG1sap__ESS Industrial _ Total Plant Clear Out - Industrial Equipment (Plastics, Presses and M...pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 154
  • PG2sap__ESS Industrial _ Total Plant Clear Out - Industrial Equipment (Plastics, Presses and M...pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 209
  • PG3sap__ESS Industrial _ Total Plant Clear Out - Industrial Equipment (Plastics, Presses and M...pdf
    724.2 KB · Views: 133
Auction houses want the maximum profit with the minimum effort just like any business. They're not really interested in selling old tools to hobbyists but have to deal with it to get the lots which will make them money. Putting surcharges and minimums in keeps them from having to deal with little guys like us, they would rather deal with the scrapyard that just hauls the old junk away than have a bunch of old fuddy duddies poking around the place.

JMHO,

John

Back