Another Lathe Safety Reminder Video ...

MozamPete

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Worker pulled into lathe. No gore; in fact the man looks like he wasn't hurt, but apparently later died of his injuries.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

he was wrapped right around the shaft

Trying to get untangled I expect. I really couldn't really tell. Maybe a shirt tail incident. Definitely something he shouldn't have been doing.

Reminders are helpful, I once got my shirt snagged in an angle grinder cup brush. It barely caught the shirt but the tug caused the wheel to contact my pants in the fly area and it proceeded to chew about 8" from just below the waste band across the front of my right thigh.

Nothing precious was so much as marred but there was a raw spot across the front of my thigh for a week.

That was a piddly little 4.5" dewalt, you can bet I get all tingly in my own shop when I fire up the 9" Sioux. Seriously want to fabricate a guard for that thing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Trying to get untangled I expect. I really couldn't really tell. Maybe a shirt tail incident. Definitely something he shouldn't have been doing.

Oh no, that's pretty bad right there! :eek 2:

I guess the video starts too late to really see what he was attempting; it starts with what looks like him climbing into his work then the lathe grabs him and shoots him through.

I got my hand stuck in a Maytag wringer once; couldn't imagine doing that to my whole body...

Must be my browser. The ubuntu laptop doesn't show anything and my old XP shows "loading player."
EDIT:
Finally got it to play - the ad/script blocker stopped it. Never had that happen on here.

Peter said "Worker pulled into lathe. No gore; in fact the man looks like he wasn't hurt, but apparently later died of his injuries."

That was gory enough for me! These things are good to see every now and then to keep your brain/sphincter/memory systems in operation.

Back