Another Modifying of a 4” 6” Harbor Freight Bandsaw

It's like your first car , mud flaps , Hurst shifter , stereo system. Oh 8 track of course. Helper springs . We all add to our machines too. I have a mister on my saw and a brush to clean the teeth . Thinking of making a wire brush set up to revolve under the teeth if angled right the blade should turn it .

Nice! I know generally speaking, every time I screw up, I look forward to learning something. Not always, but most times. Mike

My 4x6 HF band saw is about 5 years old and still in the same configuration it was when it came to me new, other than a bunch of adjustments to make it work correctly and cut straight. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of cool mods for those saws, it is just than none of them have overcome my laziness yet...

Not even a chip catcher pan on yours Bob? That's at the top of my "must-do" list- sweeping up gets old real fast I've discovered
Mark

Not even a chip catcher pan on yours Bob? That's at the top of my "must-do" list- sweeping up gets old real fast I've discovered
Mark
Nope, Mark. I actually am pretty happy with it like it is, after getting it adjusted properly. Probably the first things I will change on it are some vise modifications, to have a reliable and repeatable 90 degree stop and a support for the far end of the jaws when cutting short pieces, which I do more often than longer ones.

The far-end jaw support is on my list too. And possibly a v-shaped jaw accessory to cut very short round pieces..since I hate parting off :)
M

Mine replace a worn out one. Both were bought used, the first one very. The two things that had me looking on CL were very sharp worm teeth and almost completely stripped vise nut. The gearbox had been filled with grease, so the second one got a gearbox fill plug and oil. The vise flopped around like a fish in the bottom of the boat ,so for clamping it wasn't great. I made a brass spacer slightly proud so the load was taken by the nut instead of completely by the threads.

Back