Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Tipton1965

Registered
Registered
I've taken cosmoline off four machines now. It's not all that fun but the machine sure looks good afterward. That lead screw looks excellent!

Christianstark

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Its funny. At first I was terrified about taking the machine apart, but David Best sent me some easy general instructions.

I am enjoying each part reveal itself, but I wouldn't want to do this 4 times. I should have my mill within 2 weeks, so I know I will have to do this once more, but a mill should be easier.

wachuko

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
You are killing me with the photos... and forget about looking at Dave's thread when he took his apart and painted it....

Coming out great!!

Last edited:

Christianstark

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
The Norton gearbox was greased up, so I took it off and cleaned with a variety of brushes and wd40. Got it pretty good. Wish I had a parts washer, but doing this all by hand is giving me an opportunity to introduce myself to the lathe.

not a massive fan of paint overspray on the gears and drive shafts, but I guess it won’t hurt anything. Got the stand bolted together, ready to bolt on the bed.

906E0A06-DDA2-45AE-BD78-5D3BE7C18C53.jpeg
689AC1D2-8F4D-4D6C-9014-7C8572C82805.jpeg
5A8FF533-5836-4896-8A25-62199BDA320A.jpeg

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Mine was over sprayed too, kinda irritating....

Jake P

I’m reminded of the question:
Trophy, toy or tool?

As much as I like perfection I often settle for perfunction :)

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock