Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Well, I couldn't resist to cut something. I can not mount my QCTP till I get my mill, so I disassembled a cheap HF feeler gauge and stacked a few to raise my cutting tool to center. I grabbed some brass rod, and cut it to a very slight taper to fit the lead screw. Then I cut some chips from a thicker brass rod for fun.
tempImageW1EBUV.jpg

Here are some first cut pics.
tempImagemoVXbo.jpg
tempImagegR2bTB.jpg
tempImageUIvTJU.jpg

Good for you! Was wondering what took you so long?
If you're anything like me, I'm sure it was horribly painful seeing it laying there and no chips adorning it!

Good for you! Was wondering what took you so long?
If you're anything like me, I'm sure it was horribly painful seeing it laying there and no chips adorning it!
Just got it spinning last night :) Now I need to move it about a foot towards the wall, and level it, and tram the head stock.

So far so good. All of @mksj configs from his VFD documentation work like a charm. Here is braking with a 3 jaw chuck installed running at the fastest gear settings at 90Hz.

UPDATE -

PM833TV - "
Dear Extremely Valued Customer,

We wanted to send this e-mail to let you know that your order has shipped."

Got a call today scheduling delivery on Monday the 29th. Sweet!!!

I see fun times in your future!!
Yep! I need to get the mill running in order to machine the nut for my QCTP. Once I get there, I can really finish up getting both machines fully operational, all DRO's mounted, etc.

The X DRO for the lathe needs me to fabricate some standoffs for the scale, and read head.

Back