Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

David's book is great. The photography is exceptional and everything is well laid out. Very well done David.

I am confused.... Ordered one, but not sure if the recent issue of it...

I got the March 11, 2021 but now I see one listed as October 25, 2021...

@davidpbest - what is the difference in the dates?

First, and 2nd edition/publications? 1st editions are always the collector items. :)

I think David may have submitted a few minor corrections.

Page 21 - ANSI table - Nose treatment #3

should read 3/64 instead of 3/32?

@Christianstark , apologies, I thought I was making the update in the other thread…. Did not meant to hi-jack your thread…

Back to main topic

Last edited:
WOW! .........Cool, I will be purchasing these books soon!

Have 2 meters of drag chain on its way. Got the Z axis DRO scale mounted, and powered up the head to ensure it’s good. Works! Plan is to drag chain to the tail stock side, and run the read cables behind the splash guard for a clean look, and an uncluttered chip tray. Will eventually add a mist line as well.

my 833TV should be shipping next week, and I will need it to mount the X axis. Will need to make a few stand offs for the scale and read head in order to retain access to the cross slide lock. Planning on going hex head and smoothing out the end that contacts the gib. Something like @davidpbest did with his, but no where near as nice.

Question for folks still following along. Has anyone ever considered removing the electric box from the back of the lathe and mounting it to a wall instead?

There are 2 issues I am running into.

1 - The lathe final resting place is too close to the wall for the electronics door to swing open

2 - Working around the corner is very awkward.

I am really considering removing the box, and mounting it on the wall next to my VFD enclosure for convenience.Is there any downside to this?

@mksj @davidpbest adding you gents for your wealth of experience here.

Back