Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Coming along nicely! ..... Now you've got me lusting over the 1340GT :laughing:

Last edited:
UPDATE - So I am running through the headstock gears right now. The noise is pretty good in terms of not hearing anything that sounds off, and I can mainly just hear the motor and not the gears themselves.

This weekend I plan on moving the machine to what I hope will be its final resting place, and level it up. Then I will dial in the headstock. Ill need to make a shear pin for the lead screw, and then I should be done till I get the mill. Will need to machine the nut for the QCTP, and mount that, and will need to machine some stand offs for the cross slide DRO head and scale so I have room to access the CS lock.

What's up with the leadscrew shear pin? You bust the original already??

What's up with the leadscrew shear pin? You bust the original already??
When I took the lathe apart to move it, I punched the factory lead screw in the wrong direction. Once I figured that out, the aluminum had "smeared" and was seized into the hole, so I had to drill it out. I marred up the hole a tad, but not too bad, so it should still work once I make a new pin.

I wish those assembling machines would punch a dimple in the large end of a pin. After they get old and painted over it is hard to tell large from small. Even the steel pins are soft and easy to muck up. Dave

Ah yes, very easy to muck it up, glad it's not a serious issue.

Some pics -

tempImageQU3vvU.jpg
tempImagebB2Bme.jpg
tempImageDATGaf.jpg

My shift levers were hitting the gear shafts, just another thing to check.....IIRC it was A & C

Back