Another PM-833TV thread!

Go to 14:40 in this video. REAL men use leather. Found mine on eBay.

Yes, I had seen that in one of his other videos. I think that would be the way to go.
I wonder what my wife did with her black leather skirt....:guillotine:

When I worked as a machinist none of the lathes or milling machines in the shop had way covers. However there was a clean up person who kept the machines clean.

M.T. Pockets. Have you explore the possibility to install ball screws with a double ball nuts to eliminate the backslash ?
Wold like to know your opinion.

I'll have a look into leather but I'm generally not a big fan of it. I'd rather go with a thing of silicone or rubber instead.

M.T. Pockets. Have you explore the possibility to install ball screws with a double ball nuts to eliminate the backslash ?
Wold like to know your opinion.

I've considered it then quickly decided not to. For one I'd want a ball screw with a 10 TPI lead which is very hard to find and two it would cost more than I'm willing to spend.

Good day, I have ordered a 833tv with an anticipated ship date of mid June. I will be building my own stand. I just got off the phone with PM and they could not answer my question and suggested I check with you folks. I am after the measurement from the bottom of the machine (where it sits on the stand) to the top of the table. Thanks

Hello everyone. It has been long time. I was ill but I am back in my feet.
I have an issue with my PM833TV. After running for about 15 minutes at about 1500 RPM, the spindle gets extremely hot. I heard that some people has replace the bearing that came from the factory for "angular contact" bearings to solve the high temperature issue.
Does any one of you has the experience on this regard.
I will appreciate information

Back